My Food Storage Deals: Super easy and delicious macaroons

Super easy and delicious macaroons

>> Thursday, April 30, 2009


If you love macaroons as much as I do, this recipe couldn't get any easier! After I made them I realized that these cookies are a food storage recipe. Who wouldn't want a year supply of macaroons? I would!

Here is this awesome recipe! You may need to double the recipe if you love them, ours were gone within a few minutes!

Easy Chocolate Dipped Macaroons
8 oz. chocolate chips, melted in microwave until smooth
12 oz. sweetened coconut flakes
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 T. vanilla
¼ t. salt
2 T. flour

Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler (or in the microwave) until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients until well mixed. Drop by tablespoons onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool and up half way into chocolate. Let drip on a cooling rack. Makes 18.

8 comments:

Jeannetta April 30, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

OH YUM! That looks like it could NOT be easier!
Grocery List: COCONUT!

Grandma Lou April 30, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

They look great!!! Did you save me any???Love, Mom

Alli May 1, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

just made them... they are wonderful... thanks..

McFamily May 2, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

I have to say I LOVE THIS BLOG! Thank you so much for taking the time to put it together. I have been married for a few years and recently we really got into getting our food storage and our 72 hour kits together, but it all seems a bit overwhelming. I hope to be able to use your tips and tricks to help us get our storage together. Thanks again!

Netts Nook May 3, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

Wow those cookies look great. Love all the coconut.

Lisita May 3, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

I'm so excited to try this recipe, thanks for sharing!

Amanda XOX May 6, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Stamp Out Hunger (food collected by the mail carriers to give to local food pantries) is Sat. May 9th. So if you need to clean out your pantry, assess what you use and don't use, or pass on some extra tubes of toothpaste then this is a great time.

I have a community cluster mailbox so I leave a note inside to tell the carrier I have bags of food by my front door. Doesn't get better than having someone come pick it up from you!

www.helpstampouthunger.com

Nicole July 28, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

I just made these cookies! They turned out great and were very simple to make. Thanks again for ez recipes like these that use our food storage! :)

Deals to Meals KSL TV News Story

Three Easy Steps to Food Storage

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP