My Food Storage Deals: Great food storage recipe!

Great food storage recipe!

>> Saturday, January 3, 2009


This is a delicious & EASY recipe that uses EVERY ingredient from your freezer or food storage. I have TONS of rice in my food storage so I am always looking for good recipes that can help me use it up :) Try this recipe with pork or chicken--it is delicious!
(Thanks mykitchencafe.blogspot.com for the picture & recipe. I LOVE your site! I adapted the recipe a little :)
Honey Glazed Pork Chops
2 lbs of boneless pork chops
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
5 TB butter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. lemon juice
1 tsp. ground ginger
Cayenne Pepper to taste-depending on how spicy you like it

Serve over rice Heat oven to 350. In a shallow dish combine the flour, garlic powder and salt & pepper. Dip each pork chop in flour mixture and coat evenly.Melt 2 TB butter in a shallow baking dish, large enough to accommodate pork in a single layer. Arrange pork chops in pan and bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes (depending on how thick your pork chops are) at 350 degrees. Don’t over cook or pork will get tough.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter and add honey, lemon juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and cayenne pepper. Boil for several minutes until sauce begins to thicken.After pork chops have baked for 15-20 minutes, turn each piece over and pour sauce mixture evenly over pork. Bake another 20 to 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve over rice. This recipe is also great on chicken.

7 comments:

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE January 6, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

These sound so good. I just bought a whole pork loin (10 lbs) to cut into chops - some I thought would be "double" to stuff and some would be singles - definitely going to add this to my list of soon to try.

Thanks for sharing.

The Nickell Family January 6, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Thank you for this recipe! We tried it last night and it was super easy and YUMMY! I just wish I lived in Utah and could take advantage of all of your services...I did mention you on our blog today along with the recipe.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com January 6, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

Thanks for the recipe. I am trying to ramp up my food storage this year. I just love your site. Thanks for letting me stop by!

Jen

The Bradshaw House January 6, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

I would like to tell you that I enjoyed reading your blogs. Very informative. Especially with a crazy recession going on. You just never know what is going to happen. It's a time to watch what you spend and how you can live a comfortable life style instead of scrummaging for that extra change to have a good meal throughout the week.

jennie January 26, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

How much salt should I be using? I didn't see it on the recipe. I assume it's too taste?

The Parry Family February 2, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

I actually found this recipe online about a month ago. This is a great recipe, so yummy! I have only tried it with the chicken.

Melanie March 31, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

I'm glad you liked this recipe. I love the adaptation of using pork. I'll definitely have to try that.

I have heard so much buzz about your site lately, by the way. Way to go!

Deals to Meals KSL TV News Story

Three Easy Steps to Food Storage

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP