My Food Storage Deals: I LOVE grocery shopping!!

I LOVE grocery shopping!!

>> Saturday, May 10, 2008

Do you ever come home from the store SO thrilled with the purchases you made! Today was one of those times for me. For those who live near the new Harmons off of Bangerter and I-15 (it was their Grand Opening), they had some GREAT sales this week on their meat and other items! To give you an idea of how much money you can save by only buying those items in the ads that are GREAT (red on my deals sheets) deals, let me tell you what I bought....

*27lbs. of hand trimmed boneless/skinless chicken breast
*32lbs. of 93% lean ground beef
*3 loaves of bread
*5 dozen eggs
*Swiss Cheese
*23 Yoplait yogurts (Albertsons)
*4 boxes of fruit snacks (Albertsons)
*4 boxes of granola bars (Albertsons)
*16 lbs. of fresh strawberries (for freezer jam) & the Pectin to make the jam
*108 bars of Ivory Soap (I think that is my LIFE supply of soap!)
*14 Secret deoderants
*4 gallons of milk
*2 Betty Crocker cookie mixes (Albe's)
*10 boxes of Angel food cake (Albe's)
*10 Pilsbury crescent doughs (Albe's)
*And enough produce to make my WHOLE WEEKS meals for (mushrooms, zucchini, 5 lbs. potatoes, green onions, cilantro, bananas, limes, romaine lettuce, celery, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc)
**As an added bonus, I got a coupon for .50 off 20 gallons of gas at Harmons (that's $10 off-yippee!!)

$245.18

Is that cool or what?? I was thrilled! We have been in Canada & Washington all week and I couldn't believe how expensive the groceries are there. We spent WAY over $225 for one weeks worth of food. I didn't realize how lucky we have it living in Utah. All the more reason to stock up our freezers and food storage shelves, because if our food prices ever get to what they are out of state and out of the country--wow! It would be tough to add higher food prices and higher gas prices to our monthly budget.

Thanks for letting me share my shopping success today. Hopefully it gives you an idea of how much money you can save if you watch the ads carefully (or...let me do the work for you and tell you EXACTLY which items you should buy and where to buy them :)

Have fun shopping and if you have success stories, email them to me and I will post them under our "Top That" portion of our blog. Have a great day!!

0 comments:

Deals to Meals KSL TV News Story

Three Easy Steps to Food Storage

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP