My Food Storage Deals: The BEST crescent recipe around!

The BEST crescent recipe around!

>> Wednesday, July 15, 2009


My sister made these for a family dinner last week and we haven't been able to think about anything else! Our family has made several batches of them this week and they are AWESOME! Eat them with homemade strawberry jam and you will be in heaven!

Crescent Rolls – (The Food Nanny – Liz Edmunds)
(makes 2 cookie sheets, 48 rolls, 24 on each pan)

4 T. yeast
½ c. + 2 T. warm Water

Mix together and allow sitting for 10 minutes.

Mix together very well in separate bowl:

6 eggs
1 c. oil
1 c. sugar

Warm milk in the microwave only until warm NOT scalding.
2 c. warm milk

Add egg mixture and warm milk to the yeast mixture. Mix all together until combined.

10-11 c. flour
2 T. salt

Add 1 cup of flour at a time until combined together. Continue to mix/knead for 5 minutes on med-high speed. Allow to raise 2-3 hours.

Separate dough into 6 even balls. Roll out each ball until the size of a dinner plate on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 8 pizza wedge slices. With each wedge, roll down ward wrapping bottom skinny bottom piece down and around to make pretty crescent shape. Place 3 rolls across and 8 down, 24 on each cookie sheet.

Allow to double in size while covered with clean dish towel (about 15 minutes). While raising on top of oven, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake one sheet at a time. Bake 6 minutes on bottom rack and then 5 minutes on middle shelf until light golden brown. (Before you take them out, double check the bottom to make sure they are golden brown, not too light they could be doughy). Once they are perfectly golden brown, brush tops with melted butter once removed.

10 comments:

Stacy and Angela July 15, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

I am soooo going to make these. I can almost smell them by looking at your picture!

Angela July 16, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Those look fabulous! I want to make them right now!!

Mel July 17, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

I made these last night-found my new roll recipe! I cooked mine for13-14 min at 390-my oven burns things bad at 400. Thanks for the amazing recipe!

Nicole July 20, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

I have never made home made rolls (other than Rhodes). This looked so easy I decided to attempt it. I made these yesterday and they were quite easy.
Thank you for explaining each step...this is a life saver for amatures like myself.
Thanks for inspiring me to make home made anything for my family. I love that you teach us how to create wholesome home made meals with the food in our pantry!
My family of 6 ate all 48 rolls in one evening! They were delicious!

Anonymous July 22, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Does anyone else have a hard time copy and pasting these recipes into Microsoft in order to print them off to try them? Some of them look wonderful, but they are a little lengthy to sit and copy them by hand.

Ashlee August 13, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

Yep, made them they are yummy! I will be making thees more!

Tami Harris September 1, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

I made them and they were good, BUT I found the Lion House Dinner rolls that you have posted on your other blog were a little better and actually seemed a lot less time consuming to make. Thanks so much for all of your advice and information!

The DeMille Digest September 21, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

I finally got around to making these and they were awesome! Thanks for the recipe. It is definitly a keeper.

Aly November 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

We LOVE these at our house and have made several batches! I have found that I have to half the recipe for it to fit properly in my Kitchen Aid. I have also found that a stickier dough made with less flour turns out fluffier rolls! This is an AWESOME recipe, THANK YOU!!

Makelle November 25, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

I made these some weeks ago, and froze the batches in groups of twelve rolls (We have a small fam). They are sooo good. I will be making them tomorrow for T-giving! Thanks for these. I have never been great at making bread, but these turned out well!

Deals to Meals KSL TV News Story

Three Easy Steps to Food Storage

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP