My Food Storage Deals: Freezer Favorites

Freezer Favorites

>> Saturday, February 14, 2009


So, pretty much I freeze just about anything! If you are like me, I use red, yellow, orange, and green peppers in many of my meals. They are so great for you, but are not always on sale, and the colored peppers are not cheap (reg. price $2.49-$3 each). When they go on sale for $1 or less, stock your freezers! All you need to do is rinse them off, cut out the core and seeds, slice or keep whole, and then put in freezer bags. They will stay good in your freezer for at least 6 months. You wouldn't use these frozen peppers in salads or meals where you want them fresh tasting. They are good however in any meal that is cooked--fajitas, soups, enchiladas, french dips, pasta, on pizza, stirfrys, etc. You can use up the whole bag or just pull out as many slices as you need.


I also freeze several kinds of fruit when they go on sale. Blueberries are one of my favorite! They are a power food and are SO great for your body--filled with antioxidents. Frozen blueberries are one of my favorite snacks! You can also use them in shakes, in pancakes, jell-o's, yogurt, etc. Give them a try, you will love them!

5 comments:

jenniferhoiyin February 14, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

I'm a freezer freak too! It's the best.

The Jacobson Family February 14, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

Hi, I just found your blog and am so excited! I cleaned out my storage room today and organized the little bit of food storage that we do have. I was just wondering if you use freezer storage bags or just regular ziplocs...the pictures look like regular ones.

Give LDS Gifts February 15, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

Great post! Yellow, red and orange bell peppers are on sale for 77 cents in our area right now. Now, I can stock up without worry of them going bad. Thanks for the tip!

cchrissyy February 15, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Hi!
I freeze peppers just like that but the bags get all icy inside. Does that mean they're too old, or too much air, or what?
We use them for crock pot stuff, stir fry, and spaghetti sauce. The taste is fine, they just don't look so pretty in the freezer!

Also, what kind of price are you getting for the blueberries? My kids eat tons of frozen ones and I buy them that way because it seems cheaper.

Kristen's mom February 21, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

Do the peppers go soggy when you thaw them out or do they stay nice anc crispie?

Deals to Meals KSL TV News Story

Three Easy Steps to Food Storage

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP