My Food Storage Deals: On a serious note...not like me, I know!

On a serious note...not like me, I know!

>> Wednesday, September 2, 2009



Okay, so this is probably not the blog or the place to talk about politics, but I have had a lot on my mind lately that I would love to share with the web world (so, those who are not into politics, skip this post..or, bear with me). First, on a light note, I found a YouTube video that was SO funny, I thought all of you would get a kick out of it. It was done by a comedian Tim Hawkins and it is called The Government Can. It is sad, but true--and funny all at the same time! Check it out if you need a laugh :)

www.timhawkins.net
(Scroll down until you find the YouTube box titled THE GOVERNMENT CAN)

On a serious note: I have never really discussed politics on my blogs, and I won't get in the habit of talking about it, but...I just want to vent for a minute if you don't mind! Up until a couple of years ago when I started Deals to Meals I had only experienced paying taxes on my HUSBANDS hard earned money. Now that I work my 'behind' off earning money from my own business I can't tell you how much more frustrated I am with our government and their high taxes, and OVER spending. For all of us who try to live a conservative, under-control budget, it is infuriating to me that the government can be irresponsible in their spending and have no consequences. For all of us who prepare, save, work hard, and sacrifice for our family's well being and think our government should do the same--it is time to speak up (do I sound like a political looney-bin?? I think I am becoming one!!) Many of you have probably heard of the 9-12 project (www.the912project.com), if not, check it out. If you would like VERY interesting details on what our government is doing, watch the video selections on the 9-12 website--scary! ($26,000,000,000 in interest we are paying EVERY month in this nation on debt---insane!)

I really think that if enough of us stand up for the constitution and for our freedom, we will be heard--I think this is a crucial time in our countries history.

This isn't about Republican's or Democrat's (personally I think they both have their issues!), it is about standing up for the constitution and creating a better future for our children. Join with me and millions of other Americans on September 12th in your local areas (the Salt Lake Capitol will be hosting the event on Saturday 9/12)--it will be a great time to show our patriotism and our love of this blessed country!

If I totally offended you, I apologize! Politics can be a tricky topic, so I am sorry. It is just that I have been doing research on different aspects of what is going on in our government and I couldn't help but share with all of my 'web-friends' my thoughts! Thanks for the listening ear....and now we can go back to food storage :) Which, actually comes in handy when we are unsure about the future of our country, our economy, and the value of the American dollar. Food storage seems to be the BEST insurance around lately!!

An English philosopher Edmund Burke said, ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.’

20 comments:

Alicia September 3, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

Thanks for your comments. It is kind of a scary time right now.

Anonymous September 3, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

The video was hillarious, thanks for sharing. I agree with what you had to say so don't think you are alone. Sometimes the media makes it sound like its just the extreme, or radical right that come to the town hall meetings but it really is a lot more normal, hardworking people who feel the way you and I do.

Wendy September 3, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

I am very against our government racking up the national debt. Prior to Obama, George Bush raised the national debt more than any other previous president. Yet, why didn't you share your concern then? Yes, there is so much more money being spent now -- but the government was as "irresponsible" then as it is now. I just object to those that are raising this concern now. We should have all been concerned many years ago.

Lucy September 3, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Just Wait, the middle class is going to be taxed big time soon! I agree with everything you have said and more! We invest in commodoties (like food storage) right now. Things are going to get worse before they get better. We may have to barter some day?!

Kristy September 3, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

I enjoyed your comments. It is good to hear others express their concern for the things going on in our world. I also enjoy your blog, keep up the good work.

Maelynn September 3, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

didn't offend me one bit. I totally agree. I wish more conservative women were more involved. We try to budget and the gov. doesn't even seem to care about what they waste their money on.

Somer September 3, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

I love the song "The Government Can". When I listen to it I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I agree with you - the irresponsible way the government spends our money is a disgrace. Thank you for speaking out - makes me feel like I'm not alone in my frustration. Keep speaking out! Let's not be afraid to voice our feelings.

Kelsey September 3, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

I hear ya, and don't be sorry for voicing your opinion, that's one of our many problems...people who are scared to speak up, or act sorry when they do. We need more people who stand up for what they believe in. It's a scary and exciting time we live in...can't wait to see what happens next!

emily and jared larsen September 3, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

Way to go!!!! I'm so glad you posted your feelings and comments about what is going on with the government. More and more I'm finding most people feel the same way about what is going on with the government. We do need to stand up for our constitution. Thanks so much! And thanks for the laugh--that was a hilarious video.

emily and jared larsen September 3, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

WAY TO GO!!! I'm so glad you shared your thoughts about what is going on--I'm finding more and more that most people all feel the same way, we just need to speak up and stand up for our constitution. Thanks! And thanks for the laugh--that was a hilarious video.

Sara Childs September 3, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Amen! I'm glad you took a stand and voiced your opinion. That is what more people have to do. That is the only way we are going to get a change. I also can't believe what the government spends money on. Imagine what people like us could do if we ran the government budget! Thanks for doing your part to educate people.

Anonymous September 3, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

Dittos! It's time for some common sense in America. Our country is being hyjacked. Thanks for standing up for what you and many of us believe - personal responsibility, self-reliance and individual freedom!

Trinitie September 5, 2009 at 12:10 AM  

Thank you for posting your feelings! I am sure it was hard but I think there are more people out there that think just like we do but are too afraid to do anything and that is why it is all happening! Thank you!!

Magen September 5, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

That video is great! Although I think I am going to have it stuck in my head the rest of the day. :-) I'm grateful that you are voicing your opinion, and I will try to do better to. I really do believe one voice can make a difference during these crazy and scary times. We shouldn't stand by and let anyone take away our rights. It should be "The government can't!" Thanks!

Anonymous September 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

I am glad to know that you are as concerned as I am about the future of our country. The current President being elected was really what pushed me "over the edge" in getting serious about our food storage. You've got to realize that this was a totally new concept since I am not a member of the LDS. How can anyone put so much trust in the government when they are irresponsibly spending your children and grandchildren's money every day on interest alone? I would be pleasantly surprised if I ever saw a dime out of the taxes I put into Social Security. I enjoy the peace of mind I feel when I see my pantry getting filled week by week.

Jill James September 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Everyone...watch Glenn Beck. The commenter who stated where were we while Bush was in - well Bush didn't nominate "Czars" from the Communist Party (excuse me, The Progressive Party)and crusade for everything our country is not. Change is not always good --- don't be apologizing for voicing your opinion --- it is your blog and you are entitled. God Bless The United States of America!

bsurrounded September 11, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

It is scary to watch the government spend like they do. I recently heard a news commentator say that the federal government has spent more in the last 8 Months than they did in the previous 200 YEARS. Amazing. Bush spent a lot too, but nothing like this. We have to get prepared. Deals to Meals, thanks for all you do to help us get prepared in a financially responsible way. And congratulations to Anonymous above who is not LDS and is still getting her/his food storage. That is great. Anonymous, you are so way ahead of your time. Good for you!

Anonymous September 15, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

Fellow 9-12er....
Thank you, thank you. I feel exactly as you and I am very grateful for other sources that help educate me about the corruption in Washington and beyond. Stay strong. Stay committed. We have no choice.

Amanda XOX September 18, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

yay for you! isn't it nice to take a chance, voice your opinion, and get some great feed back to assure you that you aren't alone? Keep up the great work and I'm sharing your great food storage tips and sending them to your blog to see pics of how it's done!
=o)

Jules Holbrook September 21, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Please don't apologize for voicing your opinion! So many people feel the same way. I attended the 9-12 event in South Jordan and it was so nice to look around and realize how many people feel the same way you and I do. I appreciate you speaking up!

Deals to Meals KSL TV News Story

Three Easy Steps to Food Storage

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP